Conference Day One: 25 July 2018
9:15 am - 9:45 am Conference Registration and Welcome Coffee
9:35 am - 10:35 am Integrating Biophilic Design in Intelligent Buildings to Achieve True SustainabilityDigby Hall, Architect,Weave Studio
As intelligent buildings evolve, the focus moves beyond energy efficiency to creating buildings that are at once technological works of art and cradles for people to finally re-connect at the deepest levels with Nature and with each other This session will propose that we place Biophilic Design as the highest priority of sustainability and indeed of the design process and identify where intelligent buildings can support that goal either through enhanced performance and management or discreet design.
- Biophilia and biophilic design: science & evidence, key design elements, measurability and the design process
- Conflicts or complements: where intelligent buildings and IoT can overlap with the human-in-nature context, hindering or enhancing wellness
- A glimpse into the possible futures
10:35 am - 11:05 am Thought Leadership Session
11:05 am - 11:35 am Speed Networking
11:35 am - 12:05 pm Morning Tea and Networking Break
12:05 pm - 12:45 pm Case Study: Building Human-Centric Intelligent Buildings to Support Asset Management for Enhanced User ExperienceShelley McDowell, Director Customer Experience,CBRE Suzette Lamont, National Director - Asset Services,CBRE Asia Pacific
CBRE’s APAC Technology Survey in 2017 found that Smartphones are the technology that will have the most significant impact on business. They developed the CBRE 360 app that’s focused on making life easier and more convenient for occupants, supporting mobile and agile way of working and improving working conditions by saving time in a user’s average day.
The capability will help landlords create customised workplace solutions by integrating property services and amenities with advanced digital technologies
- Enhancing the tenant’s workplace by integrating facility services and amenities with advanced digital technologies
- Elevating employee experiences that help attract and retain talent foster collaboration and improve productivity.
- Providing automated messaging capabilities and access to valuable tenant data to increase the building owner’s ability to make informed decisions on the asset and operational strategy
Suzette LamontNational Director - Asset Services
CBRE Asia Pacific
12:45 pm - 1:25 pm Case Study: Improving Energy Efficiency through Dexus Intelligent Building Optimisation ProgramAlex Fuerschke, Senior Manager Building Technology,Dexus
Dexus implemented a smart data program across a portfolio of over 44 commercial property assets increasing its energy efficiency rating from 3.2 stars to 4.8 stars and reducing it carbon emission by 40%. It also resulted in an immediate cost saving for Dexus of 16% – or around $180,000 – across 13 of its properties. The solution provides continuous, around the clock monitoring of each building’s performance, improving energy efficiency and providing operational cost savings.
- Discussing the real outcomes and challenges of smart data programs
- Exploring future possibilities, what does the next generation look like?
- Analysing how the program fits within Dexus’s larger intelligent building strategy
Alex FuerschkeSenior Manager Building Technology
1:25 pm - 2:25 pm Networking Lunch
2:25 pm - 3:05 pm Case Study: Brisbane Sky Tower, Achieving Enhanced Facility Management and Predictive Asset Maintenance through Automation Controls in Intelligent SkyscrapersRick Graf, Development Director,Billbergia Group
Brisbane Skytower is a landmark building under construction in the city’s central business skyline. This iconic, 270-meter, 90-story residential skyscraper with 6.0 EER (Energy Efficiency Rating) is expected to be the largest residential building in the southern hemisphere and one of the most intelligent buildings in Australia.
- Utilizing building automation system for system integration that includes HVAC, security protection, and firefighting facilities
- Implementing efficient facility management and predictive maintenance by a visualized management portal
- Making smart living a reality through the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and cloud computing
Rick GrafDevelopment Director
3:05 pm - 3:45 pm Connecting the Buildings and Tenant Customers Using Smart TechnologyCraig Rodgers, Innovation Lead,Charter Hall
Charter Hall is utilizing smart technology for workplace comfort and enhanced tenant experience while ensuring energy efficient building operations. Since deploying the Comfy App, Charter Hall has saved an estimated 12.8% in HVAC energy and over 58% of users at Charter Hall report that they feel more productive with Comfy. Recognising that Thermal comfort is a major contributing factor to wellness and productivity in the work place, Craig will provide insights on a smart technology that is connecting tenant customers to their environment and using artificial intelligence to learn about their personalised temperature preferences.
- Discussing how the Comfy App smart technology led to improved building operations
- Insights into artificial intelligence and energy reduction opportunity
- Analysing tenant customer feedback to improvise the features of the App
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm Afternoon Tea and Networking Break
4:15 pm - 4:55 pm Working with Smart Supply Chains to Achieve Sustainability in IoT Equipped InfrastructuresRobin Mellon, CEO,Supply Chain Sustainability School
The term 'sustainability' has broadened in use to include more environmental factors than just energy and water, more economic issues than risk and resilience, and more social topics than health and safety. Smart building programs are emerging as an effective solution to save costs, manage risks and improve outcomes, but sensors and systems aren't enough; construction and management supply chains must be more sustainable as well. This session will outline:
- How real time reporting can increase visibility around both energy use and modern slavery
- What data and is likely to become more useful as owners and project managers track efficiency
- How 'sustainable procurement' isn't just another standard but a way of changing your business
Supply Chain Sustainability School
Champagne Delegate Debate
Grab a glass of wine, beer or soft drink and join your industry peers to discuss and work through pressing challenges around the topic of your choice