As intelligent buildings evolve, the focus moves beyond energy efficiency to creating buildings that are at once technological works of art and cradles for people to finally re-connect at the deepest levels with Nature and with each other This session will propose that we place Biophilic Design as the highest priority of sustainability and indeed of the design process and identify where intelligent buildings can support that goal either through enhanced performance and management or discreet design.
- Biophilia and biophilic design: science & evidence, key design elements, measurability and the design process
- Conflicts or complements: where intelligent buildings and IoT can overlap with the human-in-nature context, hindering or enhancing wellness
- A glimpse into the possible futures
- Getting the tenants’ perspective on life inside an intelligent building
- How IoT has impacted the way humans interact with buildings
- How the smart features have enhanced the users’ comfort
- How seamless IoT integration in everyday activities has boosted employee productivity