ICT Practice Lead
Buildings are a major contributor to global carbon emissions. An emerging suite of new policies and changes to Green Building ratings tools are converging, providing renewed focus on buildings to reduce energy use and contribute to the decarbonisation of the built environment. Intelligent building technology, used alongside conventional energy conservation practices provides an opportunity to further optimise buildings and provide cost effective mechanisms to drive further energy saving and carbon emission reductions.
Enjoy a Complimentary Breakfast, Tea & Coffee while you learn to
- Exploring the drivers affecting buildings infrastructure to future proof assets
- Understanding the application of smart technology in intelligent buildings
- Creating a sustainable environment to enhance experience of end user
9:55 AM Case Study: Vicinity Centres, Delivering Smart Cities Technology across an 80+ Portfolio of Retail Sites
Real estate master-planning, development and construction are typically undertaken for a single site resulting in a single property, point-based solution. However, Commercial buildings are typically managed as part of a portfolio. Vicinity centers and Aecom are delivering smart cities technology across a portfolio of more than 80 retail sites and mixed businesses.
For property portfolio owners and managers, should we consider Smart Buildings from a portfolio perspective rather than a single asset? This session will focus on:
- Addressing the opportunities and challenges of portfolio risk management
- Analyzing the portfolio approach for smart buildings
- Developing the next generation retail centers